Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

debate night

I just picked the word ideology, what i meant was whatever standard you have that other people are always falling short of.  The fact is that neither of us does anything much in terms of the rest of the people in the country.  We do get out to vote, something old folks do pretty reliably which is why nobody is touching our social security.  I voted for the first time in 1970, and since then I've voted in every two year election, regular and primary.  I've done a little contributing.  I'd like to get involved in those getting out the vote drives, but around here they leave it to the professionals and they don't want any amateur mucking it up. 

I've written a few letters to the editor but mostly the newspapers only want short crackpot letters and have rejected most of my thoughtful wordy ones.  Well fuck 'em.

I do get those annoying phone calls.  I assume they are all done by crooks overseas, so that there is nothing the feds can do about it.  Probably the best thing to do, if you want to strike back at them is to tell them to wait a second and then never come back to the phone.  I've got a little window on my phone which tells me who is calling, so mostly I just don't answer. 

That FTC contest didn't sound right to me and I was all set to do an I do declare where does Beagles get his outlandish ideas, but then I remembered how I had doubted you on Michigan, so I googled it and I guess it is true.  I had some guys that called me a couple times saying they were from Microsoft and they could see that my computer was under virus attack and I needed to go to their website right now, and I strung them along a little, and it did feel pretty good.

Oh you anti abortion guys are always such bleeding hearts when it comes to the baby in the womb, but when that baby grows old enough to need a free breakfast or something like that you never want to pay for that.   And for the hundredth time when people make a spectacle of themselves wanting to have the same rights you do, it is not taking over, it is just getting even.  We should all be even, Steven.

When I say i consider myself a part of society, I mean everybody in the world.

Tonight is the big second debate.  I will be laying in the beer and popcorn.  The happy hour debate will probably be a little slow, a bunch of nutball nobodies clamoring for attention, and without Perry to spice it up.  And the big boy debate will be all about Trump, I expect they will be a bunch of baying hounds, each one wanting to be the Trumpslayer, except maybe Cruz and Huckabee, who want to sidle up to him and suck up his followers when he falls.  But what will Trump do?  I can't imagine that he won't just fight back off the tip of his tongue which seems to work for him, and with everybody clamoring after him, will that just make people love him more.  And what about Carson?  Nuttier then most of them, but he talks in such a calm clear voice.

Well I await.

No comments:

Post a Comment