Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2015

Bwah ha ha ha

I don't see what older people having authority over me has anything to do with Them.  Is that one feature of Them, that They are old?  Are they like The Elders?  Maybe, make that probably, what They do is suck the life force out of the younguns and this enables Them to live forever.  Bwah, hah, hah, hah.  One of the things that must be great about Them, other than eternal life and inventing characters like Trump and Perot, is laughing that evil laugh.  It's one of my big disappointments, as I reach an advanced age, that I have never been tapped on the shoulder to become one of Them.  Or have I?  I certainly have that evil laugh down, don't I?

Ever since, oh about forty, my bosses have been younger than me?  Weren't your school bus bosses younger than you?  It always grated on me a little, but generally, I have to say, they haven't been any worse than the older bosses.  None of them has ever called me an old fart, not that I heard, but then my hearing is not all that good.

Wait a minute.  George Wallace won the Michigan delegates in 1972?  To the google machine.  And omigod, you are right.  However did that happen?  Bussing seems to be the big issue that did it.  What about the black vote?  I guess they don't show up for primaries.  Still I am shocked, shocked, shocked.  You know Michigan and Wisconsin used to be liberal bastions and Illinois was wishy washy.  Anymore Illinois is pure azure and our northerly neighbors are a disgusting shade of mauve. 

Richard Nixon, what a peculiar man.  Nobody liked him, and pretty much he didn't like anybody else, and yet there he was in politics, and becoming president, and then winning a second time in a landslide, and even as he was doing it he was involved in petty hijinks that would in the end lead to his downfall.

If the big girl has a big lead I will vote for Bernie, kind of as a way to nudge her a little leftwards.  If it's close I'm not so sure.  Although I like Bernie's politics better, I am not so sure that he could get them implemented if he won the office, and I am not so sure that he could win the election, and I shudder in horror at anybody from the clown car taking the helm of the ship of state.

The original huddled masses didn't all come from Europe.  The blacks came here unwillingly and the Chinamen came from China, and the Mexicans were always swimming that river, and before that we annexed a whole passel of them when we whipped Mexico.  At some point we did adjust our quotas to favor Europeans but we, or rather the people who got here before us, did not favor the Irish or the Italians or our people. Oh, and then there were the Indians.

Alright, going to reread so more of The Lost City over the weekend, and see if I can get our conversation back in that mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment