Search This Blog

Monday, August 14, 2023

Weekly update

 Six days of silence from the ivied walls.  How I long for the days when I would write every morning, and Beagles would reply that evening and in between us, not every day but often enough to keep a train of thought, Old Dog would share his thoughts.

Well that was then and this is now, so it goes.

In my last post my main theme was that broken sunflower.  Well you know I had saved a sunflower a few years ago with a splint and some string, but that break was higher up on the stem and more easily accessible, not this one which was lower and seemed more dire.  But what did I have to lose?

I stuck a stick into the mud next to the plant, tied it to the plant with string and when that did not look strong enough I wound some duct tape around the wound.  It all seemed so unprofessional and so rinky dink that I was dubious.

The next day I added an iron rod, more duct tape, more string and that looked a little better, my assessment of dubious changed to probably not, but well, you never know.

And now we are at six days later and I am hoping for at least a little bit of curiosity from the dawgs.


 Here is the overview, not such a good photo but if give it a close inspection things seem to be coming along rather well.


And here is what the healing hands of Uncle Ken did for the stem, holding up pretty well I daresay.


And here is the proof of the pudding.  A strong and resolute head aiming right at the sun.  Oh happy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment