Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Blah Blah Blah

Meanwhile, I have gotten my CPAP machine and started using it.  It's not as bad as I expected, but it still blows.

Well done, Mr. Beagles!  It took me a while but I finally got it.  By the way, I have an almost thirty year old Miehle vacuum cleaner that really sucks.

-----

Last week there was an awesome downpour early in the morning so I took a peek at the AccuWeather site to check out the storm front and I was amazed.  This big-ass storm stretched all the way along the east side of Lake Michigan from Chicago to Cheboygan; it was raining in both places at the same time.  That's something you don't see every day.


-----

Here's something else you don't see every day.  The little dark speck in the top chamber is a spider, and the barely visible blob in the lower chamber is it's recently shed exoskeleton on the same strand of webbing.  Doesn't take much to amuse me and, Uncle Ken, please note the usage of the duct tape between the two chambers to join the threaded lids.


-----

So what the hell is wrong with duct tape?

Simply that the adhesive is too aggressive.  If there is any need to modify the splint you may tear the plant apart and I didn't think that it's a risk worth taking.  Me Culpa.  And are you sure that iron rod you used isn't really steel?  I kid, I kid!

-----

There's some kind of political hoopla on the tube tonight and, of course, I'm giving it the attention it deserves, meaning it will be ignored by me.  But here's a link to a YouTube channel that answers the question "Why is America the best county in the world?"  Spoiler alert: It's not.  Aaron Sorkin is a brilliant writer (I think he wrote it) and Jeff Daniels is a brilliant actor.  Worth the five minutes or so to watch it, in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIpKfw17-yY

-----

Everything I want to say has already been said, most of it more than once, and there is nothing new under the sun.

Finally! A post from Mr. Beagles that I can take issue with.  For a while I thought we were brothers from different mothers.

It could be true there is nothing new under the sun but we still don't know everything that's there, or how it all fits together in the Cosmic Scheme of Kumbaya (I just made that up).  Ask a fish expert how many species of fish there are and his answer will likely be: "No idea."  Ask the bird guy how many species of bird there are and his answer will be the same, "No idea."  You can ask a lot of experts the same thing about monkeys, trees, fish, fungi, bacteria, and this, that, and the other thing, and the answer will be the same: "No idea!"

Which all means that there may be nothing new under the sun but we still don't know shit.  If you don't want to post, Mr. Beagles, you'll need a better excuse.  I have a suspicion that the real reason is that you are working on Cheboygan's largest ball of tin foil.  If you need help with that, remember, the Institute is behind you.

-----

Old Dog is right that the Institute is disintegrating.


Okay, might be time for The Scourge to leave a mark.  Where in Margaritaville did that come from?  I have no idea myself; I did say that we were on different paths but it's a real stretch to extrapolate that statement to the disintegration of the Institute.  If there is something I'm not understanding please let me know, toot sweet.

I formally and profusely apologize...

Apology not accepted for such a trivial oversight.  I wasn't aware that "pissed off" implied a serious kind of animus, maybe a poor choice of words on my part.  After giving it some thought (a lot, actually) some better words would be vexed, irked, baffled, befuddled, or flummoxed.  And there are plenty of others, I'm sure.  But I'm not done being an asshole yet, Uncle Ken.  Why did you keep referring to Mr. Beagles' new truck as a Ford?

-----

Whew!  Time to close this post out before the hands cramp up after all that typing.  This link shows a humorous use of AI, finally proving it can be good for a few laughs.  Cut, paste, and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7cHr_C-tUQ

 





No comments:

Post a Comment