Search This Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2023

A formal apology

 So what the hell is wrong with duct tape?  The only other tapes I had were art, masking, and Scotch, and none of them seemed properly waterproof to me.  And as you can see the flower is doing just fine, so I am considering the proof to be in the pudding.

This is roughly the fourth time recently that Old Dog has told me how much I piss him off, and apparently there have been many more times that I pissed him off that he has chilled on.

He is right that I mean well, and I am not trying to piss him off.  In fact I take some effort not to, but apparently not enough.

I'll use the Popeye sweet potato excuse.  I yam what I yam.


Old Dog is right that the Institute is disintegrating.  Can't hardly get a word out of Beagles this past month or so.  He has nothing to say he says, but he still gets riled now and then.  I have thought of saying something about politics because that is always on my mind, but political talk bores Old Dog and with Beagles there is plenty of heat, but not much light.


I did think that the topic of the sunflower splint would interest Old Dog.  He is growing his own plants and I thought that the mechanical aspects of the splint would get a chuckle out of him.  I deliberately chose that topic over others.


After I got my left eye done, I did not immediately get the right one done.  I felt like I had super distance sight in the left and with the right one I had good close up sight without any kind of glasses if I held my subject right next to my eye.  It was a good feeling painting with my naked eye right next to the paper, and I feared that if I put a lense between me and my paper I would lose something.

But the right eye was deteriorating and was not helping out the left eye with distances as it once did and it was even getting a little dark.  I could have done something similar to what Old Dog did, a distance eye and a close up eye, but I wanted to have that super distance viewing in both eyes, so I got the right for distance also.  It is great.  I can just sit somewhere and look at stuff and have a perfectly good time.

But I do have to wear the reading glasses for close work.  In fact I have two different kinds of reading glasses.  I have powerful ones through which distance is not much more than shadows.  And I have weak ones which are fine for writing things on the computer and allow me to see distance fairly well, but are no use for that close up work like mixing the raw sienna with the sap green.  


I hope I haven't pissed anybody off.  I formally and profusely apologize to Old Dog and Beagles for thinking Beagles' writing was Old Dog's.  I should have checked it, it would only have taken five seconds, but I did not, and I was wrong.

Long live The Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment