Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Summer's almost gone.

Summer's almost goneSummer's almost goneAlmost goneYeah, it's almost goneWhere will we beWhen the summer's gone?

Where will we be indeed.  Right here, doing nothing. What is there to do?  We can drag out that big old battleship of a heavy coat.  Is it still shipshape?  Zipper still goes up and down.  Shall we try it on to see if it still fits?  Oh I haven't the heart.  I will wait for the day that my neck is under the frosty heel of Old Man Winter's rough boot and those sweatshirt, jacket combos are not cutting the mustard, and then it will be  warm, a little cumbersome, but what the hell, embrace me you big old lug.

I could go through the pockets, there is likely some crumbled grocery receipt, maybe a wadded up twenty, maybe a little missive from that French girl.  Well you never know.

But I don't want to do that now.  I'll save something for those roaring days after Christmas when you look out the window at the driven snow, a rueful tough guy look on your mug as you push the door open thinking, I can take all of your guff you dish out because I carry with me the vision of the thin girl in the yellow green gown who will come walking into the meadow four or five months from now.


I couldn't make hide nor hair out of that article after reading it several times.  What was he saying?  Where was his conclusion?  He just seemed to be floating above the issue like he was too clever for it and then he reached his word limit and ended it.

An open mind is a wonderful thing, but you can't keep it open for everything or else you will spend your waking hours reading essays about reasons to believe that the world is flat.  I rate the possibility of these flying saucers the same as I rate the flat earth, and I don't want to waste time on it.  

I can't speak for the gummint, but I reckon the reason it is not opening its archives is because no matter what it releases people will always claim that is not everything and they want more and before long Coatless Jim Jordan will be issuing a subpoena for everybody who is not nuts like he is and will be claiming the whole thing is Hunter Biden zooming around with space hookers snorting space cocaine. 


And if you need further proof that The Enlightenment has run its course and we are now returning to the dark ages, 37 percent of dog owners think that vaxxing their dogs against rabies will give their dogs autism: https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4177294-majority-of-us-dog-owners-now-skeptical-of-vaccines-including-for-rabies-study/

No comments:

Post a Comment