Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The days get shorter

And now we are at six days later and I am hoping for at least a little bit of curiosity from the dawgs.

Okay, since you asked, why the hell did you use duct tape?  You seem to be unfamiliar with the concept of "suitability of materials."  I'll go no further except to say that I hope the plant does well.

-----

Confession time: there are times when Uncle Ken's posts bring out the absolute worst in me, and I'm not proud of it.  Certain buttons get pushed and it's all I can do to not fly off the handle and write something like YOU NITWIT!  AREN'T YOU PAYING ATTENTION?  MR. BEAGLES WROTE THAT, NOT ME!  YOUR ATTENTION TO DETAIL STINKS!  So I pause, reflect, take my time and consider whether I should mention something or not.  And I usually don't; it's not worth the effort.  Uncle Ken means well, I'm sure, and has plenty on his mind, as do we all.  But it seems to me that the three of us are on different paths, in different directions, and I'm not enough of a Nosey Parker to ask a lot of questions.  Live and let live, I say, and keep your powder dry.

-----

Middle of August already and unless my eyes are playing tricks on me it looks like some of the treetop leaves are starting to lose their intense green.  And in little more than a month the Equinox will be upon us; the sun sets a couple of minutes earlier every day as it is.  I can't decide if watching the sun set every evening is a waste of time or not.

-----

Speaking of eyes playing tricks, how did your cataract surgery go, Uncle Ken?  Mine went well; no more eyeglasses for me.  But it's a little weird.  With the plastic lenses they put in my eyeballs one eye is a little near-sighted and the other is a little far-sighted.  At arms length everything is perfect.  So I can do detail work up close or see things well at a distance but not with both eyes at the same time.  A good compromise, I think, and it's good enough for me.  I have to remember to wear safety glasses with some projects and sunglasses on bright days but I think I got a good deal.

-----

Do either of you guys fool around with video capture?  Plenty of devices now have cameras with video capabilities and you can get some interesting results.  I've been trying to capture images of spiders and bees and it's impossible for me to track them for single exposures, so it's video to the rescue.  The trick is to extract the individual frames and, with any luck, you might end up with a good image or two.  Plenty of free software to experiment with and did you know that some spiders glow under ultraviolet light?  Cool!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment