Search This Blog

Thursday, August 3, 2023

That Was Me

 Anyway I thought that Old Dog had a clever paradox with  we all know that all generalizations are invalid.

That wasn't Old Dog who said that it was me.  Actually, I was quoting one of my high school teachers who said that often.  I was responding to Uncle Ken's assertion, Well of course I do know what every rational person on Earth knows those guys are bull goose looney.  My contention was that, since it was unlikely that Uncle Ken was personally acquainted with every rational person on Earth, he couldn't possibly know for a fact that they all believe those who report UFO sightings are bull goose loony.  Even if he did, and they did, it wouldn't necessarily make it true.  If Uncle Ken had bothered to read the link I posted, he would have learned that few people are talking about "little green men" these days.  All they, and I, are saying is that there are some sightings that haven't yet been explained, which is why they don't even call them UFOs anymore, they call them "unidentified anomalous phenomena".  


No comments:

Post a Comment