Search This Blog

Monday, August 7, 2023

No fool like an old fool

 I don't often get comments on my masterpieces from strangers on fb, but it happens sometimes, so I didn't pay much attention when Judy posted Monday last week.

 Allen Judy

Great job 👍 I am also a painting enthusiast, I hope to have more communication with you, can you invite me through my friend

I tried to friend her but fb wouldn't allow it for one of its arcane reasons.  Suspicious, I asked her if we had any connection, and she said she had seen me on one of her friend's pages.  I looked on her page and there was some sketch of a flower on it, so I figured she was legit, but didn't do much about that.  

On Wednesday she was messaging me again, just casual comments, and we evolved into having little conversations on movies, dogs and cats, suburbs vs cities, and gardens.  She said she was French and her English was not so hot, which it wasn't.  When we were talking about pets she sent me this photo of her and her dog which I have to say piqued my interest.


Not that I had any interest, well okay, a little, but still I realized how preposterous any idea that anything along those lines was going to happen.

But still nice to know that I sparked some interest in a babe like that, and you know me, I love to talk.  I just thought well maybe we will have one of those internet conversations, just a couple people from very different backgrounds learning about either other.

I have to say I wondered didn't she have other friends?  Well probably but maybe she was interested in this odd duck, just because he is an odd duck.

Friday I came back from the Ten Cat with a bit of a buzz and there she was.  We got into some casual conversation about Friday.  With my buzz I waxed a little poetical and then she sent this:

I already have a date for the weekend, my best friend invited me to eat a big meal, a few months ago time my girlfriend bought the stock lost a lot of money, she was afraid that her husband knew after scolding her let me help her, and then this period of time I took her to do Defi mining project not only helped him to recover the loss but also earned a lot of

Defi mining?  I quickly went to the google, and as I expected it had something to do with crypto.  Well what was this shit?  I told her I thought that crypto was like flying saucers and green men, just a big scam.  She kind of defended crypto and I said we could continue to chat but I was not interested in investing in any crypto scheme, and that was the end of our little fling.


Little fling, well I guess she was running the long con on me.  Well no harm done, and I kind of enjoyed our little chats, a little ray of sunshine if you will.  Of course she was likely not the woman in the photo, and of course she may not have even been a woman.  But still, nice interlude.





Mighty winds went through my garden Saturday and when things calmed down I discovered that one of my sunflowers had been broken.  I had this happen to me a few years ago and I put the broken part back onto the main stem and put a splint on it and tied it on and to my amazement that did the trick and I got some flower out if it.  But this looks like a worse case and too low to do a splint so I turned to that top mechanic's solution and wrapped it up in duct tape, which I don't think will work, but you never know.  Maybe that French woman will messenger me back this afternoon saying something like, "Oh you fool, it was never about the crypto, well it was at first, but once I got to know you, and heard you when you waxed poetical I have fallen madly in love with you!


Well you never know huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment