Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Ukraine

 I didn't think he was going to do it.  I thought there would be some huffing and puffing, and there would be some kind of face saving do se do, and then it would go into endless talks, and you know as long as you are talking you are not fighting, but now the talking is over.  Or maybe not, maybe I don't know, maybe something other than this.

From what I hear the Russian people are not crazy about this war.  The whole world is against it except for China, and I hear Sudan. Ukraine was Russia's breadbasket back in the days of the USSR, but if the Russkies swallow it whole the population will be so hostile that they won't likely get much out of it, and the cost, human and money, of keeping Ukraine under their thumb will be high, and Russia will not get anything out of it, likely things will get much worse.  

I don't know if sanctions do any good, but cancelling that pipeline has got to hurt.  What do they say?  Russia is just a gas station with an army.  Of course that will hurt the German economy too, and certainly the US will take a hit,

And surprisingly compared to that crazy invasion of Iraq, the American people are not all flag waving about this war.  I think it was a big mistake but half the dems backed that Iraqi war, and now the reps mainly want to do finger pointing except that considerable portion of them who are actually with Russia.

And you know it is one thing for me to angrily tap the keys around sunrise and make my sharp point, but what if I was doing that with my rifle sitting on the desk and the sound of cannons from the window?

This is just terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment