Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

truckers and squeeze boxes

 Not only are they everywhere, everywhere, they are now knocking on Michigan's door.  Actually Detroit's door, which Beagles has second thoughts about being in the same state as the freehold.  A quarter of the whole trade between the two countries crosses that bridge the ABC guys told me last night.  

The seed may have been the ostensible vaccine mandate at the border, but it has gone way beyond that and is now being funded by guys on chan4 and such.  Canadians are very reasonable people and 90% of their truck drivers are vaxxed, so this is really not about that.  They are not protesting the cost of weeds, whites, and wine, or that their local radio station is playing too much Buck Owens and not enough Merle Haggard, they are Marlon Brandos in The Wild One, who, asked what he was rebelling against, answered, "Whaddaya got?"  

These guys are nihilists, haul them away, and if you gotta bust a few heads doing that, well don't be shy.


Interesting to think of Heartbreak Reservation as being isolated, but that was then and this is now.  Very foresighted of the people of that time to put aside such large areas for recreation.


I think I learned to tell time from my experience with the piano accordion.  I remember being sealed in a room on a hot summer afternoon the dreaded appliance strapped across my small bare chest, and my sentence was one full hour.  There was a clock in my cell and I would be there until that little hand went from one number to another, and that damn thing moved soooo slowly.  Then I learned that if I watched the big hand sweep across the face of the clock one time that would also be an hour.  Time seemed to move faster watching that big hand.

In my memories I am always playing You Are My Sunshine, or more accurately some screechy, lumbering version of it.  You know the choruses of that are quite cheery but the verses tell a heartbreaking story.

No comments:

Post a Comment