Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2022

An Expert Assessment

 I am not an expert, but this guy allegedly is. I was planning to post something about Ukraine this weekend, but I'm still gathering information at this point.  I'm sure that Uncle Ken has been following the situation at least as much as I have, but on the off chance that he hasn't seen this one yet, I am posting a link to it.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putins-baffling-war-strategy/ar-AAUo06M?rt=0&ocid=Win10NewsApp&referrerID=InAppShare

I am surprised that the Ukrainian forces have been able to hold out this long.  I am trying to not get too encouraged by that because I don't want to be disappointed later, but I wish them all the luck in the world.  I am particularly impressed by the degree of civilian mobilization. We haven't seen anything like that in our country in our lifetimes, although I understand they had it during World War II.

If nothing else, the conflict has produced two quotable quotes that will likely go down in history:  "I don't need a ride, I need ammunition." - Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.  and "Putin is a dick head." - Labels placed on empty bottles being distributed by a Ukrainian brewery for the purposes of making Molotov cocktails.  

No comments:

Post a Comment