Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

All Kidding Aside

You knew I was kidding in my last post, right?  Seriously, though, I agree with Uncle Ken that the Republican Party is in such shambles that it might be better to put it out of its misery and start all over again.  Nevertheless, I'm sure he remembers that all street protests are not staged by Republicans.  The First Amendment guarantees the "right of the people peaceably to assemble", but these protests are anything but peaceable.  The best of them are noisy and disruptive, and the worst of them are dangerous and destructive.  I find it hard to believe that this is what the Founding Fathers had in mind.  Then there's the freedom of speech.  Burning, looting, and obstructing traffic are not speech, they are physical acts.  By what stretch of the imagination can they be called speech?

My wife says that she once saw a set of truck nuts a long time ago, but I have never.  This is yet another example of the wise old saying, "Every time you think you've seen it all, you find out that you ain't seen nothing yet."   

No comments:

Post a Comment