Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2020

zukes and cukes




 Tried to doctor Beagles's images, there was just not enough information to do a better job, but I do love those glowing eyes.  

This time of winter my lunches consist of a couple different kinds of vegetables chopped up with garlic, soy sauce, black pepper, and butter.  For the last couple weeks it had been Brussels sprouts and turnips.  But Sunday when I went shopping I didn't like the looks of the turnips so I bought ten zucchinis instead.

I generally do the chopping to the tune of America's Favorite Home Videos.  I don't care at all for the cutesy stuff, but somebody falling flat on their ass (and bouncing a few times to boot) when they are at the peak of their glory, well now Son, that is humor.  So maybe I was distracted while I was doing the zukes because as I was slicing the fourth I noticed something peculiar about it.  It was like way too juicy, and it had this odd slightly sweet smell to it, almost as if it were a cucumber.  Which of course turned out to be because it was a cucumber.  

I love pickles, but I have nothing for untreated cucumbers.  I hate to throw anything away, especially food, so I called my neighbor, and yes, she would be glad to take the cukes off my hands. She would be glad to take three and she thought a friend of hers who lived down the hall would take three.  Well fine.

Then the next morning there was a bag attached to my doorknob, obviously from the friend of my neighbor, there were three of those little oranges they call cuties and three zucchinis.  WTF?  Had she somehow misunderstood?  I called my neighbor who also thought that this was peculiar, so peculiar that she called up her friend, and then she called me back.  Those weren't cucumbers in the bag with the cuties, they were zucchinis. 


A last parting shot at the Trumpsters who will be parting us in twenty days, hopefully under guard from the White House to the big house.  If you have been reading the papers lately you will have noted that the distribution of the vaccines is like 90 percent behind what the Trumpsters had promised.  Their spokesman, Gustav Perna, says this is because of the two holidays and the three snowstorms that we have had in the last two months.  Well how could they have known that this year Thanksgiving would fall in November and Christmas would fall in December, and that it might snow the winter?


Happy new year

No comments:

Post a Comment