Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2020

Cancelled Because of COVID

 Our little family did not get together for Christmas, or Thanksgiving either, this year.  My daughter, who usually hosts these events, was worried about my wife and I catching COVID because we are so old.  She has been meeting periodically with our grand daughter, who is a health care worker, but usually outdoors and socially distanced.  Our grand daughter came by today to drop off our Christmas presents.  She didn't stay long and wore her mask the whole time she was here.  She reported that the latest surge in cases has dropped off considerably, at least at the big hospital in Petoskey where she works.  She has gotten her first vaccine shot but hasn't gotten her second one yet.

Although my grand daughter lives in Petoskey now, my daughter lives in Charlevoix, which is about 10 miles down the coast of Lake Michigan from Petoskey.  If you want to look up Cheboygan, Michigan you have to spell it correctly.  If you spell it "Sheboygan" you will find it in Wisconsin.  Although the spelling is different, the pronunciation is the same, which is about the only thing those two cities have in common.

I don't mind winter except that it has gotten too short over the years.  Not because of that fake climate change, just because time goes by faster as we age.  Summer always did go by too fast, but I knew I was over the hill when winter started doing the same.

The new TV is working well.  The online manual was a big help once I was able to sort the things I needed to know from the things I will never use.  The DVD player is okay, but I wish I could get more sound out of it.  I turn the TV volume up to 100 per cent, but the DVD player is barely loud enough to hear.  There is also a volume control on the DVD remote, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  The DVD player allegedly has an online manual, but I can't find it.  According to their website, the model I have doesn't exist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment