Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2020

Animals! Animals!

My trailcam was a Christmas present from my daughter two years ago.  It has a motion sensor that triggers it, but I think it can be set to take random photos at intervals.  As with most of my electronic gadgets, there are settings on there that I will probably never use.  Pictures with no animals in them are not uncommon because a tree branch bobbing in the wind can set it off.  I sorted those out of this batch, but I've still got to go through and pick out the best ones to save to my files.  As I do that, I run them through my photo shop program to see if they can be enhanced.  I can usually improve the clarity and adjust the lighting but, other than that, I seldom tinker with them.  

We have been seeing two kitties around the house this year, one is orange and the other is black.  I think they belong to one of our neighbors, as much as a cat can belong to anyone.  I doubt that a truly feral cat could survive one of our winters.  Numbering from top to bottom, these are the animals seen in the photos:

1. orange kitty                                                                                                                              2. crow and hawk, probably a Cooper's hawk                                                                          3. coyote                                                                                                                                      4. probably a grey fox (identified by the black tip on its tail, red foxes have a white tip)        5. coyote                                                                                                                                      6. probably a bobcat  (note the short tail)                                                                                  7. coyote                                                                                                                                       8. hawk, probably the same one in photo 2.   

We don't do a lot of sky watching.  I suppose the stars would be impressive if we got away from the house lights, although the surrounding trees obscure the horizon.                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment