Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2020

leaving it at that

 I don't get a line after line of periods when I hold down the delete key.  I notice that the period key is nowhere near the delete key, so I have no idea of how that happened. I'm just going to leave it at that.

To read that last sentence it appears that critics of BLM are complaining that the movement does not have enough intersectionality in it, which doesn't make sense to me because it seems that BLM has plenty of intersectionality in the sense of identity politics which I associate with intersectionality but that was an awfully long article and it seemed to take a lot of twists and turns so maybe they mean something else by intersectionality.  I have no idea and I am going to leave it at that.


Certainly you are letting yourself in for a lot of trouble when you try to crash your car into the White House, but it appears that she was trying to flee when she was shot, and the fact that the Secret Service refused to release the video seems kind of suspicious, but then I had a hard time figuring out what was going on in that article and so I am just going to leave it at that.


And I have never gotten a handle on Beagles's concept of mass hysteria.  When is it mass hysteria and when isn't it mass hysteria?  There have been plenty of demonstrations that were peaceful and there have been plenty that were not.  Why does it strike here and not there?  What does it explain?  

I think in most cases of demonstrations that get violent it is instigators, a hard core knot of people some of whom believe it will  help their cause, some who just like violence, and some who just believe they are in the right to do whatever they want because their cause is just.  

Back in the day, maybe eight months ago when the BLM flag was flying high and they were having all those demonstrations that were peaceful until the sun went down and then they turned violent some of the leaders (unofficial of course because BLM eschews top down structures), when asked about how they expected their actions to advance their cause, disdained to answer the question because they thought it was irrelevant.

And this is quite a stretch but here you have an example of the difference between the stoics and the utilitarians.  The stoics believe that an action can be good or evil in itself, and the utilitarians believe that the good or evil of an action lies in the results. Again quite a stretch but the hour grows late and I am going to leave it at that.

I'll just eliminate the white space at the end of this post and be about my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment