Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Furnace Update

 A guy came out and looked at my furnace on Friday.  It was a guy I had called before who had put me on his waiting list, estimating it would be two or three weeks.  I thought I could do better than that, but I couldn't, so I called him back to make sure I was still on his list.  He called me back the next day and came over.  I think he sandwiched me in between his other customers because he thought it might be a quick fix.  Well, it wasn't.  He is going to have to replace a major component and, if that doesn't work, the whole furnace, and he won't have time to do that for another week or so.  That's okay, I'm just happy that he came out at all.  Meanwhile, the wood furnace is keeping up for now.

The day before the guy called me, I saw a big billboard sign at the edge of town.  It was a plumbing and heating outfit in Alanson, some 30 miles from here, advertising for help.  I was planning to call them next before my guy called me back.  It probably wouldn't have done me any good, though, if they are so desperate that they have to look all the way to Cheboygan for help.  My guy told me that somebody called him from Alpena, some 90 miles away, asking if he could come over and fix their furnace.  Alpena is a much larger city than Cheboygan, and it appears that their plumbing and heating people are just as swamped as our guys.  I have never heard of anything like this before.  I suppose it's related to COVID, since everything else seems to be, but I don't know how.  

No comments:

Post a Comment