Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

what's wrong with blm

 That quote by Ariel Atkins and similar ones by other BLM activists have been widely quoted and there is no need for a link for stuff that is common knowledge.  And I couldn't disagree with it more.  It is wrong on so many levels that I am not going to waste my time taking it apart.  If BLM was like regular organizations it would have a spokesperson and that person would discuss it with other members before saying it and hopefully they would craft a more sensible message.  All very boring and slow and stuffy, but if you want to oh, not be crazy, that is the price to pay.  The way BLM is structured anybody with access to a microphone can shoot their mouth of at will.  

Actually I had hoped this would be like a teachable moment where BLM would see that hitching their wagon to the looters' star was a bad idea, but as yet that does not appear to have happened.

And this just in, the cops weren't wearing their body cameras.  Had they been and had their actions been justified, maybe there would have been less of a kerfuffle.  Although I don't think the looters cared a fig whether the shooting was justified.  But still they should have been wearing them.  They should always be wearing them.

Two things the cops and BLM have in common, they don't believe rules should apply to them.


I'm not growing any trees on my balcony.  Actually I don't like to do a lot to control my plants (though I admit that sunflower splint was quite a feather in my cap),  I plant them, I water them, and this year I Miracle Grew them, though much of that has been degraded by those balcony painters, and that's it.  I particularly enjoy the battle between the tomatoes and the morning glories.  I think they end up in rather a symbiotic tangle, but that is just my speculation.


I see that pessimism about taking Donald down, in many other anti Trumpers.  He does seem superhuman somehow.  One nice thought is that mail in ballots are already going in with him about ten points down.  And I'm sure he can't just stand there and refuse to leave, pretty sure.


These new interfaces are like when the grocery store reorganizes its shelves.  I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment