Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

mr pillow

 When I first started seeing those Mr Pillow commercials I was all like, What?  Like many of my fellow oldsters I sometimes have trouble entering the arms of Morpheus, but it never occurred to me that the reason for this was because I was sleeping on an inferior pillow.  I mean a pillow is a pillow right?  Some are softer and some are harder and some are bigger and some are smaller and some are just right and others are not just right.  And he never really explained why his pillow was a superior pillow, but I guess we were supposed to assume that he got rich enough to buy all this commercial time by peddling his pillows so they must be pretty good.

Well I never fell for that shit, and nobody I know, and I know plenty who have a tough time getting to sleep, ever bought one.  And of course it never crossed my mind to vote for Trump and almost nobody I know ever has.  Could there be a connection?

And sure enough there have been reports in the news of Mr Pillow showing up at Trump rallies and being considered for this or that position among the Trumpists.  

And now he has invested in, and got Ben Carson to join him, in some snake oil scam, and Trump is all "We'll look into it."

He was on CNN the other day bragging about all the studies that have shown this snake oil is a miracle cure, but when Anderson Cooper asked him what studies he was like oh they are everywhere and when Cooper pressed him to name one he blustered that he was a man of god and had integrity.


Conventions have been boring for like twenty years, being virtual will not make much of a difference.  I'll probably peek in on the Trump convention though just for a cheap thrill with some wacky thing.  

There are a few republicans left who are true republicans and believe in the old republican values and aren't eager to sell their souls for a couple supreme court judges.  As far as dems for Trump, I believe you have Blago, but I can't think of anybody else offhand.


I'm surprised that with an unemployment rate twice that of the rest of the country that Cheboygan has Help Wanted signs, but I am taking Beagles's word for it.  I haven't seen any here since March.

No comments:

Post a Comment