Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

First Tuesday in August

...the truth is plain and obvious...

Aye, and there's the rub.  Such a statement is worthy of that great sage, Donald J. Trump; a little snarky and condescending.  My impression is that Uncle Ken seeks the truth, a sometimes slippery notion, and Mr. Beagles is like Sgt. Joe Friday, "just the facts, Ma'am."  I hope that the difference between truth and facts is not an elusive concept for my esteemed colleagues, and let the yammering continue.

-----

I'm still enjoying the farming oriented videos on YouTube, learning something new every day.  It's amazing how productive dirt can be when it's properly utilized.  I saw one guy who had one acre's worth of produce growing, in raised beds and greenhouses.  He was able to grow $200,000 worth of stuff, lots of "boutique" veggies and a lot of labor was involved, but still...not bad at all.  I didn't notice the expenses involved, maybe he spent $195,000 on fertilizer and pesticides.

What's the direct sunlight situation on your balcony, Uncle Ken?  There are probably some fruits or veggies that are perfectly suited for a micro-farm; I don't think it's too late to get something going.

-----

There was another series of videos that I found interesting, and I thought of Mr. Beagles.  Using a little tractor such as his new Kubota (did I get that right?) and a series of ropes and pulleys a tree stump is not a big challenge.  Very cool to see the earth yield as the stump breaks free, not unlike pulling a tooth.

-----

Happy August, gents.  A year from now we'll be laughing at what a screwy year 2020 was and how we got through it in fine shape.  We will be laughing won't we? 


No comments:

Post a Comment