Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

"Let's Do It"

These were the last words of Gary Gilmore, who was executed by firing squad in the State of Utah back in 1977.  The firing squad was his choice.  The law in Utah at the time allowed a condemned person to chose his manner of death, and Gilmore chose a firing squad.  He also told all the people who were trying to save him to quit already and let him die in peace.  This memory came back to me as I was trying to think of an appropriate title for a post about the impeachment thing.

I don't remember saying that they would never impeach Trump, just that they haven't done it yet, and they still haven't, although they have been talking about it since the day he was elected over three years ago.  Last I heard, nobody expects the Senate to convict, so what's the point?  It has occurred to me that this is just an election tactic, trying to make Trump look bad to the public, as if he needed any help with that.  Funny thing is that, in spite of everything, I understand that the people who liked Trump in the beginning still like him, and the people who have never liked him still don't.

I thought that new NAFTA thing was Trump's agenda.  I have read that it's not much different from the old NAFTA, but Trump likes to brag about his accomplishments, real or imagined.  It then seems that, if anybody would hold the new NAFTA hostage it would be the Democrats, unless I'm missing something.

Why would the Russians be happy about Trump's pending impeachment?  I thought they were on his side, or he was on their side, or something like that.

"Speaking of birth rate, it's at an all time low.  The only thing keeping us growing is immigration, but let's not bring that up today."  Uncle Ken said this yesterday, so I see no reason not to bring it up today.  I didn't get a vasectomy back in the 70s to make room in this country for more immigrants, I did it to preserve the quality of life for the people who are already here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment