Search This Blog

Monday, December 16, 2019

Too Many People

"When our forefathers got here things had already been settled with the Indians, the people who did not want to let them in were the white people who had gotten here before our forefathers.  People like Beagles.  If Beagles' ilk had had their way Beagles' forefathers would never have been allowed in."

I don't know about Uncle Ken's forefathers, but mine were all here before World War I.

According to historian Mae Ngai, before World War I, the United States had "virtually open borders".[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Act_of_1924

According to Wiki, U.S. immigration law has changed many times over the years.  I just picked out this one point because it refutes one of the points made by Uncle Ken.  I have said in the past that the main problem I have with the immigration issue is the sheer numbers of immigrants currently being allowed to enter the country illegally.  Last I heard, it was estimated at upwards of a million a year, which is more than has ever been allowed under any of the quotas set by the various immigration laws.

 "Without immigrants our population is shrinking.  If the population continues to shrink then there will be fewer people to pay into social; security.  Immigrants are living in the United States and paying into social security."

That's one of my main points,  I want our population to shrink because there are too many people in this country already, both natives and immigrants.  If that means we lose Social Security, so be it.  Some things are more important than money.

About racism:  It has occurred to me that Uncle Ken's ilk is just as racist as my ilk, the only difference being that Uncle Ken's ilk is against the White race, which is puzzling seeing as many of them are White.


No comments:

Post a Comment