Search This Blog

Friday, December 13, 2019

A new more modern statue for Liberty Island

I have to wonder about how much traffic and crime is a problem in the swamp and its nearby hamlet.  As for pollution, under wise democratic rule and even some republicans we have cleaned a lot of that up.  Lately we have seen much of that reversed, which, from what Beagles says, he was happy to go along with because he got those supreme court judge picks.  We should be glad that those third world countries are having a lot of babies like we Americans were doing when we were a third world country because they are putting money into the social security system such as we did for our elders when we were young blades.

I do not believe for two seconds that Beagles considered, for any seconds at all, not signing up for social security.  He may have muttered some blather as he did it, but that pen hit the paper as soon as the paper arrived.  I assume Beagles knows what a Ponzi scheme is, and knowing that, he knows social security is not a Ponzi scheme.  It is a common practice, especially currently when truth has lost much of its currency, to wildly exaggerate something in the belief that one is making a stronger point. But rather than strengthen the point all it shows is the writer's disregard for the truth, and such tactics are unseemly in these hallowed halls.  Okay I may do it myself a teeny bit, but I deserve to be called out when I do so, and that is why we have The Scourge.

I don't know what meaning Beagles is attempting to ascribe to those lines on the Statue of Liberty. but I always liked them, made me proud to be an American you know, and I'm sure that Beagles is aware that our forefathers were among those huddled masses cranking out babies like there's no tomorrow. that some of the guys already here, who according to Beagles were in their right mind, did not want coming in. I reckon Beagles would be happy to replace that old timey statue with a new shiny one of a scowling Trump giving the finger.


Speaking of the truth losing its currency.  I have been watching those, oh let's just call them hearings, for like the last two weeks, well anymore they are just background sound.  If it's a southern accent  I know it's a Trumpist, if it's a black accent I know it's a dem.  If it's a woman I look at the screen and if her hair is finely coiffed she's probably a Trumpist and if her hair is a bit in disarray I know that she is a dem.  The most reliable tell though is the anger.  In admiration of their leader, and because they know He is watching them, their outrage knows no bounds, none at all, no Sirree!    Especially admired among them is Machine Gunner Coatless Joe Jordan, and they all emulate his style and some of them do a pretty good job of it.

Where it's at right now (I think) is it's time for amendments to the motion to impeach.  The Trumpists are proposing amendment after amendment knowing that none of them can possibly pass.  The dems can shut this down at any time but they don't want the Trumpists to be able to say that the dems shut them down.  Everything there is to be said has already been said, but as one wag noted, it won't be over until everybody has said everything there is to be said, and now they are on their second or third iteration of everything.  It's a big game of chicken and I suspect the dems will have to shut them down because Machine Gunner Coatless Joe, is like that bunny in the old commercials, can just keeo going and going and going and going and going and going.

No comments:

Post a Comment