Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Rest In Peace

 So sorry to hear about the passing of Uncle Ken's Buddy.  It sounds like he had a good life for a cat and a loving human to write him a touching eulogy.  We should all be so lucky.

I seem to remember reading on Wiki that a phone like I bought is sometimes called a burner phone.  I suppose that's because they are so cheap that they could be considered disposable by anybody but a Czech or a Scotsman.  We don't really need two phones since we seldom use the phone we have.  Sometimes a whole month will go by without either of us making a call.  We considered getting a nice cell phone and dispensing with the land line entirely, but decided to keep both of them so we will always have at least one that works.  I think I will use it just to make calls, not to receive them.  We have plenty of spammers and scammers regularly bothering us on our land line, we don't want to give them another opportunity.  I thought that I could prevent incoming calls by leaving the phone turned off, but that doesn't work.  What does work is to turn the volume on the ring tone all the way down past "vibrate" to "silence".  I can always turn it back up if I change my mind.

"The Great Wall" is shaping up to be another great story.  I readily identified with the guy in "Jenn", the guy in "Beacon" not so much.                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment