Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2021

great wall 8

 At first I was confused by the new and the old, but now I realize that the photos are out the window of Old Dog's new and old places.  Both your windows faced the south then?  For some reason I thought you had a basement apartment.  I think it's from the time you were thinking of growing a castor plant and I had a mental picture of it growing right outside your window. 

It appears that there is quite a bit more to be carried between the two abodes.  What is that thing on the tripod?


My morning glories are quite striking this morning.  Here are a couple pics.  I particularly like the way they twine around the sunflower.  


Haven't heard much from the Dogs about the Great Wall lately.  I hope they are enjoying it.  Here is a section with some action.

The first lull at the bar I decided that I wanted to see how Dawn was doing, and I headed out through the restaurant to the upstairs bar.

As I passed by Leon’s table the soup was just being served, the girls pulling their hardly touched screwdrivers towards them to make room for the gargantuan bowl of Special Gourmet Great Wall Won Ton Soup.  Leon had clearly put aside his worries and was telling the girls some joke, waving the ruffled sleeves of his white tuxedo for emphasis, when something behind him caught my eye. 

Annette was entering the restaurant all dolled up and carrying a huge gift-wrapped box.  She paused at the register, where the smiling young hostess pointed towards the middle of the room to Leon’s table.  Wrestling the big fancy box she plowed past annoyed customers.  I tried to head her off but couldn’t get there fast enough. When she saw Raven and Ruby she stopped still, then she slammed the big box onto the floor behind her and was at the table in a flash.

Raven and Ruby were laughing politely at Leon’s punch line as Annette came up behind him.  She grabbed two handfuls of hair at the back of his head and shoved his face into the bowl of Special Gourmet Great Wall Won Ton Soup.  He sputtered, banged on the table, and came up with noodles and bok choy stuck to his face, right in the middle of his restaurant, on his birthday.  Then just for good measure she shoved his face back in one more time.

I saw the cleavage of Raven and Ruby jiggle as they glanced at each other.  Annette was calm now, walking back slowly, almost strutting.  Maybe she should have ran because Leon had no trouble catching up to her and tackling her before she even got back to the cash register. 

I ran over to pull Leon off, but not before he got in a couple of pretty good punches at Annette.  There was some rolling around on the floor, a table or two went over, and then Annette was out the door and Leon was rubbing his face and straightening his ruffled sleeves and heading back to Raven and Ruby who had drained their screwdrivers and definitely seemed to be loosening up.    

There must have been cops right outside the door because Leon had just sat down, awaiting the next course when in came two with Annette ranting in the rear.  Raven and Ruby noticed them first and kind of tensed up but then, sensing a suddenly shortened work shift, eased back and smiled at the cops.  Maybe the cops didn’t like the looks on the hookers faces, but they liked it even less when they asked Leon, to identify himself, and he looked at them with eyes slitted by booze and anger and said, “I’m the asshole, Assholes,” and it took them less time than it had taken Annette to push his face into the bowl to slam him to the floor and snap on the cuffs.

As the cops were dragging Leon away Raven looked up at me looking down at her cleavage and said, “We’ll have another round.”

“Make them doubles,” Ruby amended.

As I was bringing the double screwdrivers to the table I noticed customers all over the restaurant were getting up and leaving. A little too much entertainment I guessed.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment