Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Great Story!

 That's a great story Uncle Ken.  I had a vague idea of what legerdemain meant, but I looked it up to be sure.  I had mostly seen it used to describe magic tricks, but you're right that it can be applied to any skillful, possibly deceptive, display of adroitness including, of course, bull shit.  Did you know that it comes from the French language and is literally translated as "sleight of hand"?  I hope that "Jen" is the beginning of another saga and not just a stand alone story because I would really like to read about the Tuna Salad Incident.  

I knew that "vittles" and "victuals" both meant the same thing, but I thought they were two different words.  I had no idea it was one word that is pronounced differently than it is usually spelled.  

From where I live, crossing the Mackinac Bridge and the U.P. is indeed the shortest route to the Canadian border.  From Chicago, however, it might be shorter to cross at Detroit, but I suppose it depends on where in Canada you want to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment