Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2021

A fine day in the big city

My Saturday watercolor class is beginning July 11th,...

Since you posted this July 26th, does that mean it already started?

-----

For some reason I thought you had a basement apartment.  I think it's from the time you were thinking of growing a castor plant...

Sometimes when I think of doing something I get around to
actually doing it.  I did, indeed, grow a bunch of castor plants using LED bulbs that are supposed to be good for growing plants, but no dice.  The plants grew tall and spindly and didn't develop leaves the way they should have.  Another failed experiment but I think I have a few beans stored somewhere and it may be time for another attempt.  And I'm sure I have some pics of those plants; they were taken in my Pre-Beaglesonian days, I think.

------


Speaking of getting around to actually doing something, where is your go-to place for art supplies, Uncle Ken?  I need advice on a beginner's set of watercolor brushes, maybe more than a beginner's set.  Cheap brushes are like cheap tools and often a poor investment.  Nothing online, please.  There are some things that I want to touch with my own hands; you know when it feels right even if you don't know why.  I think sable is supposed to be the best but I don't think I'm ready to go that far, yet.  The only art supply stores I can think of right now are Michael's, Dick Blick, and Lakeview Art Supply on Lincoln Avenue.  What am I missing?

-----

It appears that there is quite a bit more to be carried between the two abodes.  What is that thing on the tripod?


Ha!  You don't know the half of it.  The thing on the tripod is a TV antenna, the amplified type that requires it to be plugged into the wall.  Works pretty well.  Because of the problematic way the TV signals bounce around the courtyard a precise method of antenna positioning is required and the tripod fits the bill perfectly.  I hot glued a piece of wood to the back of the antenna, into which I installed a 1/4-20 threaded brass insert.  Easy-peasy.  And more pics for your viewing pleasure but no sign of Marina City.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment