Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Anti-vaxxers

 I don't know what to say about those anti-vaxxers.  There is a certain amount of risk involved with any medical procedure but, when the risk of getting sick or dying from the disease is way greater than the risk of getting sick or dying from the vaccine, it would seem to be a no brainer.  Maybe that's their problem, no brains.  

I didn't get my annual flu shot for decades because I had read somewhere that more people die from the shot than from the flu.  Then I got the flu a few years ago, it wasn't the same flu we used to get as kids, and I have been getting my annual flu shot ever since.  At some point I looked it up and found that there was indeed one year that more people died from the shot than from the flu, but that was only one year and it never happened again.  I suppose I didn't pay a lot of attention to the news in those days and, of course there was no internet.  Catching a dose of the modern flu in my old age, however, made a believer out of me.

1976 swine flu outbreak - Wikipedia

I've got nothing to say about those Trumpists that I haven't already said, namely that, if the Republicans don't purge them from the party ranks, they're going to wind up on the ash heap of history.  Hopefully a new conservative party will rise up out of the ashes. 

Uncle Ken's stories are fine, I just haven't thought up anything specific to say about them yet.  I've been preoccupied lately with my telephone problems anyway, but that's a whole nother story.

No comments:

Post a Comment