Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Free At Last!

 The lifting of the mask rule caught me totally by surprise.  I figured we'd be stuck with that one forever, or at least until Michigan managed to elect a Republican governor and supreme court.  I heard something about it on the radio while driving home from Save-A-Lot Friday evening, but I didn't believe it until I saw it later on the TV news.  Next day I boldly strode maskless into Walmart after I saw they had taken down the mask requirement sign that had been on their door.  I was surprised to see that most of the customers and all of the staff were still masked up, but took comfort in the many maskless others that I saw around the store.  Then I remembered the one maskless lady that I had seen in Save-A-Lot the day before.  She smiled at me!  There was something in that smile, like she knew something that I didn't.  Looking back on it, she must have heard the news before I did.  

I don't know about the friendship developing between Catfish and Ron.  I understand that Catfish feels grateful to Ron for saving him from the clutches of Big Red, but I hope he has enough sense to proceed with caution.  Ron must have a hidden agenda because guys like him don't do anything out of the goodness of their hearts.  I don't know what to thing about Gina either.  She seems to have her sights set on Itch, but that doesn't stop her from fooling around with Catfish.  Catfish considers Itch to be his friend and doesn't see him as a threat but, as the old saying goes, "A stiff dick has no conscience."

No comments:

Post a Comment