Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2016

splitting

I don't know that people in other countries don't talk politics.  Where do you get this information?  I imagine if they have a police state they don't say much because they don't know who the informer is and they could end up in jail.

I'm not sure exactly who we are talking about when you use the term wishy washers.  I thought you meant more like the undecideds, but maybe you mean more like middle of the roaders.  Damn few of them anymore are there?  I guess the closest we get is Kasich on your side and the big girl on my side.  The dems have some blue dogs and the reps have that woman from Maine, but that's it. 

Now that the polls are evenly split the dem race is heating up, I just heard an excerpt from a town hall and voices were raised.  Still the dems are still arguing about issues where the reps are mainly just calling each other names.  Now we have Donald bad mouthing the pope, and I see an article on Politico that it won't hurt him in South Carolina since they are mostly prots.

What the hell kind of state is this?  They still like Dubya for Chrissake.  Are they part of America???

I don't seem to have much in the tank this morning, so I looked up wishy-washy, like where did it come from.  Apparently it's been around awhile, some think it comes from a German expression, but probably not, probably more from what one of the sites calls a reduplication of washy, which I think means like when you add a similar word but give it a different form, like willy nilly.

Willy nilly?  Apparently that comes from will I or won't (nill) I. 

I don't see where either of our ilks would be able to get together to do anything, but how about if we just split?   It would be way to much trouble for say all the dems to move west of the Mississippi and all the reps to move east of it, but what if we just split up in place?  That is, you would pay your taxes to the Republic of the United States and I would pay mine to the Democracy of the United States.  If you were part of the Republic your taxes would be lower but you wouldn't get as many services.  If you were part of the Democracy you would pay higher taxes, but you would get more services.  Since most poor people would want more services the dems would take on welfare.  Since the reps are always rattling sabers, they would pay for the army, and so on, and so on.  Needs a little tinkering with details, but we have the whole weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment