Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

as the world turns

My error on that holdup.  I just wasn't  paying that much attention when I was reading and then I didn't check up again before I wrote.  Sometimes I get so much into writing that I do a halfass job on reading.

The cloudy/sunny was one of those things where it's one or the other, you know where you say something is on the right, but you mean the left, and so you cover up by saying you meant the other right, because right and left they are opposites only they are practically the same thing.  Then there's like in art class where you are getting a critique and somebody wonders what is that blue blob in the lower right of your painting and their lower right is your upper left.

I think it was something we learned in school, right and left.  Probably early on like Kindergarten when they had to have us march to the bathroom and turn right at the principal's office.  Just an interjection here but grade school could probably be accomplished in half as many years if kids never had to go in the bathroom while in school.  If only we were designed with some kind of oh, auxiliary tank, that could hold the waste until we got home.  You'd think Mother Nature could have provided us with one, but probably she never expected we would be going to school, which is probably our fault for nibbling that fruit, and then having that knowledge we wanted to know more.

Anyway, left and right, I think I can just barely remember learning it.  I would think that I had to write something and then whatever hand reached for the pencil that was the right hand.  After sixty-five or so years I no longer have to jiggle my fingers, but if nobody is around sometimes I still do.

Ground Hog Day, you know nobody pays any attention to it, but when you mention it everybody has something to say about it.  I heard that story too about how the game is rigged, but really wouldn't we rather have a bunch of guys in nice suits rather than some half asleep low level mammal decide the thing?  On the other hand those nicely dressed guys are probably in the pocket of the clothing industry and dollar to doughnuts their prediction depends on whether the winter wear or summer wear faction delivered the bigger bribe.

European seasons have to be the same as ours, it's all dependent on the amount of sunlight that falls and that is the same for everybody at the same time.  There are variations for the coastal areas, like we have for that odd state California, but if you go inland into the heart where we heartlanders and the Krauts and the Russkies live, it is pretty much the same, except that most of Europe is north of us so they are generally colder.

The equinoxes and solstices are way ahead of the temperatures they would indicate.  I notice the weatherman is now using the term meteorological seasons, where meteorological winter is Dec-Feb, spring, March-May, and so on.  The thing about global warming is, it's not like everybody gets a few degrees warmer every decade.  That is the average world-wide but basically all weather patterns are disrupted so that dry areas become wet and vice versa, and some areas might actually become colder.  I've heard it said that with the melting of the north pole ice cap those jet streams are not deflected and that is what causes the polar vortex and maybe we can expect to get them every year, but of course that is just guessing.

Gilgamesh!  Damn.  I never did write it on that index card.  OK, I am going to mail myself a letter and it is going to say gilgamesh.  That should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment