Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

revolutionary theories

Oh I remember those bibles with the pictures in them, the odd clothes the people wore and everything seemed to be happening in the desert, and it seemed like there were a lot of donkeys, and how cheesily the illustrations were executed. 

I guess you've read the bible in the original classical Hebrew and Aramaic so you know when it is referring to a boat and when an ark and when a barge.  I don't know if you know that all creation stories, even in North America contain a flood, but you know what I am going to go back to the labor saving device i used a lot a couple years ago and just dismiss things out of hand.  Why should you have all the fun of saying whatever pops into your head, while i do the backbreaking work of googling? 

I don't care what you think the Babylonians or the Jews said about a flood.  I dismiss both accounts out of hand.  Muslims certainly do not condone suicide, whatever else you think that they think, I am going to dismiss that out of hand also.

Here's one thing I've been thinking about.  There seems to a theory common among revolutionaries that it is a good idea to be disruptive because that is going to cause the government you are trying to overthrow to clamp down by becoming more oppressive and that will piss off the people who will then be more likely to rise up and overthrow the government. 

Maybe disruptive is not the word I want.  I don't mean things like riots or marches which maybe have some effect, or even things like assassinations which at least get rid of the king or the guys close to the king, but more like bombings, pointless terrorist acts that kill a lot of random people.  How do they ever accomplish anything?  I don't think they do.

I think a lot of revolutionaries are in it mainly for the fun of it.  It is a lot more fun to blow something up than to talk yourself hoarse trying to explain to some crotchety old fart why your idea of government is better than theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment