Search This Blog

Monday, June 5, 2023

The Road Not Taken

 I too have been reminiscing about my early life lately.  I have made some good decisions of which I am proud, as well as some not so good decisions which I regretted after the fact, although each one seemed to me to be the right thing to do at the time.  Sometimes we can mitigate the effects of our bad decisions, but we can never completely undo them.  Sometimes the choices we make are neither good nor evil, they're just different one from the other.  We will never know for sure what would have happened if we had taken that other fork in the road, like Robert Frost said in this poem.  

Mountain Interval/The Road Not Taken - Wikisource, the free online library

Maybe we would have chosen differently if we had known better at the time, but we didn't, and by the time we knew better, the ship had already sailed.  It's like that old German proverb:

"Ve get too soon olt und too late shmart."


No comments:

Post a Comment