Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Good day

I too have been reminiscing about my early life lately.

and

Sometimes the choices we make are neither good nor evil, they're just different one from the other.

Good ol' Mr. Beagles, once again bringing clarity to some of the conflicting ideas I've had about Uncle Ken's recent posts.  And let's not forget the words of the Pinstriped Sage, Yogi Berra, when he said "When you see a fork in the road, take it."

I don't do much reminiscing, what's done is done, but there are times when a name or idea will pop into my head and transport me many decades into the past and I'll ask myself, "Where did that come from?"  I don't dwell on these notions but I find them amusing, just another aspect of the marvelous human mind.

It occurs to me that as we age we develop our own personal philosophies which, if we had any sense, we would keep to ourselves.  And that's what I'll do.  You guys can create your own delusional realities; I'm happy with mine.

-----

Is there a name for this time of the year when it is not really springtime any longer but not yet full summer?  Whatever it is, I would call it lovely, giving my green thumb a workout.  Most of the plants are doing well but Monday I brought my little, sickly lemon tree to one of the planters on the 6th floor terrace in hope that plenty of fresh air and many hours of direct sunlight will give it a positive jolt.  It's cousin the Valencia orange is doing fine indoors so maybe the Fickle Finger of Mother Nature is just messing with me.

I had a pleasant surprise with the Jackfruit I planted last year.  It wasn't doing much, just a spindly stick with a couple of leaves on top and they turned yellow and dried out.  I thought the thing was dead but the other day I noticed a tiny bit of green on that stick, and then a few more.  So now there is fresh growth popping along that stick, and the growth is swift, noticeable from day to day.  Here is a pic of that first little bud, about 2mm tall. 


-----

How is the balcony doing this year, Uncle Ken?  Any new varietals in the planning?  I know that your condo rules frown on feeding birds but I was wondering if a birdbath would be acceptable?  It's gotta be better than that river water and no chance of getting snagged by a turtle.


No comments:

Post a Comment