Search This Blog

Monday, June 26, 2023

Another Monday

Last week as I was returning from downtown after hobnobbing with some swells at the Lyric Opera, I happened to pass by the Ten Cat and Lookie Here!  Uncle Ken's show is still up!  I must admit, those watercolors look a whole lot better in the full light of day than they do on a web page, to say nothing of some improvements in technique and execution.  Keep at it, you're getting there!

I managed to go inside and score one of the promotional post cards to add to my collection.

 

Too bad they are all obscured by the day to day realities of life in The Geezer Chateau.


-----

I've also been following, though lurking is more like it, the postings of Uncle Ken's watercolor group and his recent forays into plant life and turning over a new leaf, Yuk, Yuk!  Almost the same kind of thing I've been studying for a while now.  Earlier this year, through the good graces of Amazon and our good friends in China I scored a little digital microscope.  Dandy little item, and it records video that you can transfer to your computer.  What I really like about it is that it isn't like the old high school microscope where everything had to be on a slide, up close and personal.  With a little clever fiddling you can be about 6 inches from the item of interest and get some amazing images.  I've been using it on our patio where we have a little public garden spot and taking some nice shots although you need a tripod.  Lot of fun to go outside and invade the privacy of spiders as they prepare their dinner.  This little guy is only a couple of millimeters long.

 

And here's a leaf pic I took some time ago but I forgot what it came from, just another dead leaf from one of the many.  Lot of nice textural things going on with this one, it could be anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment