Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sunday, Sunday

Still, I find it a little comforting to know that there are people out there trying to make sense out of the mysterious workings of our universe.

Couldn't agree with you more, Mr. Beagles, which is why I use YouTube as RabbitHole Central.  Some channels come and go, and I'm always stumbling upon new ones.  If it seems interesting I'll subscribe to it and move on, always on the lookout for something curious and offbeat.  A new discovery of mine is Be Smart, where the host explains all kinds of goofy stuff; you might like it.

-----

It seems to me that this winter has been mild, even as we are cruising through February.  And I'm still waiting for a big snowfall to see how well This Old Geezer (TM) can cope with the treacherous footing.  The cold doesn't bother me too much, which is good.  I read that when it gets below 19F ice is no longer slippery and it must be true since I read it on the Internet.

-----

What are these youtube shortcuts that you speak of?

You might have to register and log into YouTube to find them; they're under my account menu tab.  If you don't want to be bothered with signing in, remember, Google is you friend.  Until it isn't, ha, ha.

-----

I'm starting to go Old School in the kitchen; ran out of Bisquick for my pancakes so now I'm making them from scratch.  It's been an interesting learning experience, recipes have a lot of flexibility so you can try different ingredients and quantities and still end up with very tasty results.  It's getting to the point where I can just eyeball the different amounts; you don't have to be real fussy.

At the risk of straining my shoulder as I pat myself on the back, I've finally made the best biscuits & gravy, ever.  It's a little tricky making a serving for one but worth the effort, sadly not something I want to eat more than once a week.  Oh, I'd gladly eat it but if I did I would start packing on the pounds and blow up my cholesterol levels.  Aren't us old farts supposed to pay attention to that stuff?  Anyhow, I think I can still chow down on the biscuits but skip the sausage gravy except as a Sunday treat.

And I shouldn't have baked some chocolate chip cookies today but I saw a recipe on the box of vanilla extract I bought the other day, so I did.  Outstanding, better than the recipe on the Toll House package, if you're into that sort of thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment