Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2023

A Rough Week

 I have several health issues that have been building for some time.  My wife has been bugging me to see a doctor, but who's got time for that?  Last Sunday, she called in my daughter and granddaughter for reinforcements, and they all did an intervention on me.  They wanted me to call for an appointment the very next day, but I explained that I already a dental appointment in Indian River that day and promised to make a doctor's appointment after that. 

Coming home from Indian River, I fell asleep at the wheel and ran my truck into the ditch.  I was cold sober, it was broad daylight on a busy highway, and I wasn't even aware of being tired.  One minute I was driving down the road, and the next thing I knew I was in the ditch with no memory of how I got there.  "Okay, now 1 really am going to see a doctor", I resolved to myself as well as to the cop who came over to see if I was injured.  As luck would have it, no one was injured, and the property damage was minimal, so it could have been worse.

Turned out it wasn't a doctor it was a nurse practitioner.  Apparently nowadays they send you to somebody like that first and, if they can't handle it, they refer you to the regular doctor.  Nurse Felicia seemed competent enough, so I plan to stick with her for now.  After a two hour examination, she said that my symptoms were "scary", so I guess my wife had been right after all.  I have taken a couple of tests and have to take a few more before I see her again in two weeks.  

I have been meaning to write this post all week, but I just now mustered up the energy to do it.  I'll let you know when I have more information.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment