Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday on my mind

 ...and ran my truck into the ditch.

Yep, that's a sign of rough week.  No injury and minimal damage is a good thing but it still sucks.  I'll not get into the various health issues that gentlemen of our mature years have to face; that sucks, too.

Reminds me of that old saying, "If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself."  The only reason I've started getting a little medical attention was because of the insurance company that handles my Medicare stuff.  Otherwise I would have waited until something drastic occurred which, I think, is typical "guy" behavior.  It's good that Mr. Beagles has a partner that can keep an eye out for him and check for ticks, too.  Meanwhile, stay well, buddy.

-----

Hey, how 'bout those balloons?  That was one of the few news stories that I've been paying attention to and it seems to me that the Chinese are playing the US for chumps.  No surprise there.  I knew that there were plenty of missile silos in the northern flatlands but it wasn't until recently that the mainstream media were getting specific with the locations of those defense systems.  Saved the Chinese a lot of trouble, don't you think?  It's a good intelligence tactic, do something relatively harmless and see what the response is.

-----

And the global shit show continues with that big earthquake in Turkey; I forgot the new name we are supposed to be using.

Moving along, we are nearly into a year since Russia invaded Ukraine.  I suspect Putin has a special birthday celebration planned with plenty of fireworks.

Isn't Congress a lot of fun so far in 2023?  I can't help but notice that Democracy is starting to show some disturbing unintended consequences.  Who elected these clowns?  Why, we did.

-----

The Senior Citizen housing program that I'm enjoying requires an annual re-certification to keep the City, State, and the Feds happy and today was that day.  No problematic issues and I can't believe I've been living here almost two years.  But I learned something about the prospective tenants who want to apply to live here and get on the waiting list.  How does 25 years sound?  Plan ahead, kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment