Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2023

Monday, Monday

Chaos happens all the time everywhere, from that drip in your faucet to the number of deer dropping by the deer shed on their way to the dinner table.  If you clap your hands right now (do it) you are changing the weather on the upcoming Fourth of July.  The trouble is though that you can't control it by clapping louder or longer.  It will be different but you don't know in which way or what way it would have been if you hadn't clapped.  

It doesn't make any difference in that it doesn't cure cancer or put a couple more horse power under the hood of that honkin Ford truck,  it's interesting to know.  Some people complain about the expense of those deep space probes that shadow the moons of Uranus, because what difference does it make to your daily life?  Knowing that Miranda, the fifth largest moon has chevrons?  Nothing, but nice to know.

I never knew that there was a Miranda, (the daughter of Prospero from The Tempest), until just this morning, and I feel good about myself for the advance in my literary and planetary knowledge.

Damn I am sure there are plenty of youtubes about Miranda.  Oh yeah a ton of them.   Well there would go my morning if I went out a roving.  I have to go along with Old Dog in that they are amazing,  I particularly did like that Veritasium that apparently is a fave of Old Dog.  What are these youtube shortcuts that you speak of?


I certainly agree with Old Dog on the silver screen.  But the last movie I saw on the silver screen was Little Women (a review I read previously said that it was a movie men would hate and women would love, and I thought I am a sensitive enlightened man so I could probably enjoy it too, but it was so fucking stupid.  Maybe I should youtube Gloria Steinem, well maybe not today), and I like the dark you have to stumble through and the frigid air and the booming sound, but it does not make up for pausing to get a brewski and take a pee and refresh my supply of wasabi almonds.


Cashless, oh I don't like that.  I love the crumpled bills and the clinking coins.  I got into the habit of using the card even for small purchases during the pandemic, and now I find it hard to break.  I guess it is convenient and all, just shoving the card into the little machine and not having to go through your wallet, maybe your pockets for change and then putting away the change you get, but it just seems more grounded, more real.


I have written to the editor several times in my life getting accepted and rejected, and I accept that as the way the world goes, but when I write an exceptionally fine letter which goes into the dust bin in favor of some semi literate screed, well it's too much to bear.


I just sent an email to get it to the editor.  I guess there is something to be said for the cash purchase, for the ritual of finding an envelope, buying a stamp, and walking out to a mailbox, but really it is just too much.  


Maybe now I'll take just a little peek at those Miranda youtubes.  Chevrons you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment