Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Wednesday, all is well

I think I may be dipping down that rabbit hole more often in the future.

Be careful, you never know where you'll end up, or when.  The hours can fly by before you know it.  That was a good link but I didn't find any reference to that guy Hoppensteadt that you mentioned.  The other videos in the series look good and I was amused to see your link to the Veritasium channel, a long time subscription of mine.  It's a very strange coincidence that we may have been viewing the same video on the same day.

Those math channels with their colorful animations can make me loopy, especially the ones showing pendulum patterns.  Hypnotic, but maybe not in a good way if they are accompanied by music.  Avoid them unless you have a lot of time to kill.  A final suggestion: investigate the many YouTube shortcuts to make your experience more pleasurable.

-----

Which he ascribes to Thelonious Monk,...


Which I didn't but hinted at but never mind, my memory of his quote was way off.  What he actually said was “Everything’s happening, all the time.”  Not too close as to what I remembered but this could be a fine example of the Mandela Effect, again.  And one of the newly Oscar nominated films doesn't help at all: Everything Everywhere All at Once.  I started watching it the other day for about ten minutes to get a taste and it didn't grab me.  I'll pick up on it again, sooner or later; movies don't captivate me the way they used to.  Maybe it's the environment; nothing beats watching a spectacle on the big silver screen with an audience instead of at home on a TV screen with less than ideal audio.

I used to enjoy going to the cinema but my local place has been remodeled and gotten a bit too highbrow for my liking.  I can live with the higher ticket prices if the movie is decent but they have also gone cashless.  I don't know how that process is implemented but I don't like it, not one bit.  If they expect me to use a smart phone or credit card to buy a movie ticket, popcorn, and Raisinets they are out of their minds.  It's like those restaurants that don't have menus but expect you to scan a QR code and go online to see what's available.  Those waitresses get confused when you pay with cash and have change coming, poor babies.

-----

Kudos to Uncle Ken, the newly published author!  Did you actually write something and mail it to the paper?  I've never written to a newspaper, thinking I'd end up in the big pile labeled "cranks."  Keep it up, maybe I'll start reading a daily newspaper again.


No comments:

Post a Comment