Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2023

I was wrong

 Well I thought those votes would go on until spring, but I came home after an evening of gemutlichkeit and deep examination of the ways of the world, and McCarthy was one vote from victory.  Holy shit, what was happening?  There was near fisticuffs, a phone call from Donald Trump, and now they were reversing their vote for adjournment, and now, pretty sure that it was Gaetz, was changing his vote to present and then it was over.

The insurrection was over.  The guy who defeated the insurrection was a guy who has nothing bad to say about the Jan 6 insurrection, on behalf of the majority who want to do nothing more than to stop the investigation into Jan 6, and to form a committee to investigate those who were doing the investigation.

I say defeated the insurrection, but actually he bowed down to all their demands and broke himself down like a shotgun for them.  All it will take is just one nutball from The Twenty, or from any nutball, even a Democrat I believe, and we are counting votes all over again.  Actually I am not exactly sure how that all works.  The house still has to ratify those rules and we'll see how that goes.  Things look pretty quiet this morning.  Maybe too quiet.


I know the dawgs are not that much interested in politics, especially all the little inside baseball details, but it was on my mind all week, and when something is on your mind and you have a blog, even one that only two other people read, you might as well put it all on the blog.  

And I ended the previous post predicting that those votes would go on indefinitely, and then they ended that very evening, and I wanted to acknowledge that I was wrong.  It's important to acknowledge that you are wrong because it is like atoning for a sin and now you have a clean slate and you can cruise around with your head held high until you get something wrong again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment