Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Mid October already?

How was your week?

Fine and dandy (thanks for asking) and pretty much like the all weeks have been this year.  No drama to speak of and there is plenty of stuff to keep me busy, if I choose to do so.  I seem to have much more time on my hands than my esteemed colleagues; if I don't have time for something I make the time, one way or the other.  It seems to be working out okay but I'm also making an extra effort to avoid stress in all of it's many guises.

-----

Mr. Beagles posted a recent link about electric vehicles (EVs) and it is on target.  There are unintended consequences of EVs that are going to bite businesses and governments in their collective asses.  I'll let others dive down that rabbit hole while I enjoy the show.

-----

Too much funny stuff in the news for me to comment on except to mention that it's like watching a train wreck as political careers implode; it's hard to look away.

But I thought of something as I was going through my archives.  Quite a few of my old drawings have faded dramatically, almost to the point of invisibility.  They were drawn with Sharpies, the supposed permanent markers just like some clowns like to use to sign documents.  Sure, the drawings are more than fifty years old but they were stored properly, out of direct sunlight.  Permanent, they ain't.

-----

There must be different protocols for cataract surgery these days.  Uncle Ken mentions a humongous bandage whereas I had a clear plastic eye shield that was taped in place and removed the next day.  I had a lot of eye drops to use prior to and after the surgery, up to four times a day with multiple medications.  More than a month's worth, I think, and I wonder if Uncle Ken had the same thing to deal with.  Anyway, an easy procedure with no discomfort.

-----

When Uncle Ken mentioned the guy who was hunting deer with a crossbow I immediately thought of The Deerslayer and The Last of the Mohicans.  I should have made the association with Mr. Beagles and his muzzle loader much earlier; Hawkeye sounds better than Mr. Beagles, don't you think?

It is a bow and arrow but how difficult could that be to learn?

Easy to learn, and like many other things, difficult to master.  I'm beginning to think that either Uncle Ken has never picked up a bow and arrow or he just likes to troll.


No comments:

Post a Comment