Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

fine dining on the mag mile

 Cooper’s Hawk has created a modern, casual dining experience with warm hospitality in an inviting upscale setting. Our culinary team has designed a contemporary American menu infused with flavors from around the world. Each dish is made fresh in our scratch kitchen, incorporating peak-of-season ingredients, and listed with a bin number to guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match.

Not the sort of place I would expect to see Beagles park his Ford truck in front of and go in and ask to see the yellow beer list.  You know all these places have some kind of cheeseburger all dressed fancy-like in case the Missus drags the old man in because it's their anniversary or something, so that the old man has something he knows what it is to order.  Let's see.

classic cheeseburger* BIN 95 Lettuce, Tomato, Choice of Cheese, Seasoned Mayo, Crispy Onion Strings 15.99

Well that is not too bad a price for fancy digs, and look at this yellow beer list:

domestic bottles 5.00 Miller Lite · Coors Light · Budweiser, Bud Light · Michelob Ultra premium bottles 5.75 

Not bad at all.  And a winery right on the Magnificent Mile, about a mile from my casa.  If  Beagles has ever occasion to return to the city of his birth we could each have a classic cheeseburger and he could down a Budweiser while I would choose something more suitable for my sophisticated taste from their surprisingly meager craft beer list.

And for just over twenty bucks we could accept their invitation  to join us for an experience filled with memorable moments built upon food, wine, and friendship. Cheers!

I trust Beagles would not mind picking up the tab with his new card.


I think I saw a Cooper's hawk in a park in St Louis once, or that's what I think the person I was with said it was.  I reckon the little birds around him knew exactly who he was and what he did because they were making such a racket, while he was trying to look inconspicuous.  For Chrissake, I imagined he was telling them, I'm just getting a little rest and I am not even hungry, especially for the likes of little squirts like youse.  

But they kept it up and he flew away and maybe he saw a shiny rectangular object in the grass and flew to the Winery and had a classic cheeseburger and  maybe something from the craft beer list because who drinks yellow beer these days when there are so many fine choices for just a few dollars more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment