Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2022

The living is easy

Speaking only for myself, I am starting to enjoy the leisurely pace of the Institute's recent postings with none of the "gotta post something every day" nonsense.  It gives me time to ponder, reflect, and make better choices in what I decide to yammer about.

-----

Great links, Mr. Beagles!  They reinforce my crackpot notions about human beings and a possible genetic predisposition to stupidity.  But it got me wondering, how exactly do you mail feces in a letter?  I think a package would be more appropriate but this is not a problem I've ever encountered.  If the guy (or gal) who sent the poop used their own, uh, product they made a big mistake.  Perhaps they never considered the likelihood of DNA testing by the authorities; sooner or later they will get a knock on the door.

-----

Saw a new word the other day, perfect for use in these times: IGNORANUS.  This is someone who is both stupid and an asshole.

-----

Lovely greenery on your balcony, Uncle Ken.  I don't know how much direct sunlight you receive but it may not matter.  All of the indirect light bouncing off the many windows of the adjacent buildings could make it likely that anything will grow well.

My little seedling project is moving along nicely but some seeds are really taking their time in germinating.  So far there are only two successful seedlings, the date palm and a lemon tree (very pretty).  The date palm is growing at the rate of about an eighth inch a day and the lemon tree is still too small to bother measuring.

If all goes well I will end up with an amusing garden.  I've known from the outset that there is little chance that the plants will be viable and produce fruit but delusions are just more things that I've been cultivating.  I like to pretend and it's more than likely that I will trade something valuable for some magic beans, if you have any.

-----

Suit yourself, this America and you can do whatever you want.

Uh, can you cite an authority for that statement, Uncle Ken?

-----

In trying to figure out which condo is the realm of Uncle Ken I've read that Marina City was built in 1962, which means there should be a 60th Birthday Celebration this year, a significant event, I think.  Anything in the offing?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment