Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Something Else to Chew On

I seem to remember that we discussed this at the time, but I don't remember that we ever settled the issue.  Don't feel bad, it appears that nobody else has settled it either.  This author agrees with my position that state legislatures can't change the method of choosing presidential electors after the election.

"In an otherwise persuasive criticism in The New York TimesJamelle Bouie wrote that “this radical interpretation…” would mean “state legislatures could allocate Electoral College votes in any way they see fit, at any point in the process.” In fact, state legislatures can already allocate votes as they see fit, but they can not do so at any point in the process. In particular, they can not do so after Election Day."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/liberal-panic-could-help-trump-steal-the-next-election/ar-AAZJ7G7?rt=0&ocid=Win10NewsApp&referrerID=InAppShare

There is some other stuff in there that I found interesting as well.  I seem to remember that Uncle Ken once expressed surprise that I would read something from the Daily Beast.  I don't remember why I'm not supposed to read it, I just remember that I'm not supposed to.  Of course, that's never stopped me before.

No comments:

Post a Comment