Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

I agree with Beagles

 I don't recall that we have ever discussed if state legislators had the power to set aside election results, and I don't recall us ever settling any issue.  Facing an issue, our general behavior is to toss it around, have some sort of discussion, which may turn into some heated words, and then discard it like a dog's wet chewy toy on the lawn and move on to the next discussion.  

But this one may be already settled in that I totally agree with Beagles, and I reckon most Americans, on this issue.  But you know who doesn't agree?  Clarence Thomas and his three new amigos on the newly rowdy supreme court.  And if the supremes think a certain way, it matters not what Beagles, myself, and most Americans think, because there is no appeal to a supreme court decision.  

And it really doesn't matter what the constitution says because it is a little like the bible in that you use it to come out with whatever answer you want.  

You know it's like principles for the reps who are saying that overturning Roe vs Wade is great because that means every state can decide for itself, and isn't that great, which is what they are saying while they work on a law to ban abortions nationwide.


I expressed surprise that an article from The Daily Beast found its way into your news feed in that it is sort of a fringy lefty publication, but I never said that you shouldn't read it.  This is America, you can read whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment