Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Preaching to the Choir

If Uncle Ken's hypothetical tree were real, we could indeed go check it out for ourselves if we were so inclined, but there are lots of things, both real and imaginary, that we will never get to see for ourselves.  For these things we have to take somebody else's word for it.  When two or more people give two or more conflicting words, we need to decide which one to believe, unless we decide not to believe any of them.  Whatever we decide, it's not carved in stone, our beliefs are subject to change anytime new information presents itself to us.  Of course, we could choose to disregard the new information and stick with what we already think we know, which is what a lot of people tend to do. 

I'm not very interested in those January 6 hearings because I decided a long time ago that I wasn't ever going to vote for Trump again, and I would be surprised if anything comes out of those hearings that would change my mind.  If it does, I'm sure I will hear about it without having to sit through hours and hours of repetitive testimony.  I had mixed feelings about Trump before, but when January 6 first hit the fan, I said "This time he's gone too far."  As for all the lesser luminaries involved, I expect that the wheels of justice will catch up with them eventually with or without my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment