Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2022

I'll Pass on the Drama

  "See now that's what I have been saying about the Jan 6 Hearings, unlike the impeachment shows which consisted mostly of senators making little speeches, these hearings are full of drama.  Not too long-ago Beagles was complaining that most things he can't see for himself and has to listen to other people tell him about it and here he has a chance to witness the hearings live and direct and he chooses not to in favor of listening to other people, who I might add are steering him very wrong if they are telling him that nothing much is going on."

I wasn't complaining, I was just saying that there are lots of things that we will never witness ourselves and have to rely on secondary sources to tell us about them.  It's not a bad thing, it's just the way life is.  Watching the hearings is not the same as witnessing the events for ourselves anyway, unless you count the video segments, and I've already seen more than enough of those for my taste.  I am not disputing the testimony being given at the hearings, I'm just saying that I've heard it all before and am already tired of it.  They should either prosecute the guilty parties or stop shoving the evidence in our faces.  As the old saying goes, "Shit or get off the pot."  As for the drama, I have gotten to the age where I don't want more drama in my life.  What I want is comfort and tranquility. 

I still say that we don't have a two-party system in this country, system being the operative word here.  Of course, we have political parties, but there is no system about it, and there is certainly no law or rule that limits the number of parties to two.  There are laws and rules that govern the conduct of parties, varying slightly from state to state.  There are also laws and rules governing the use of automobiles and firearms, but by no stretch of the imagination could you say that we have an automobile or gun system in this country. 

Speaking of guns, I see that the Senate passed some new gun laws while the Supreme Court overthrew some others.  Sounds like a break-even day to me, and at my age I can't ask for much more than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment