Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

kumbaya

 That sounded like a yes.  Well good for you Beagles.  I, of course, would like to get rid of them all, but focusing on the possible, if that is all that we get out of this brief moment of kumbaya, that is better than what I expect will happen, which is nothing.  

A few young law-abiding citizens will be unable to get their hands on the super gun and will have to settle for a lesser weapon and a few  less kids will be killed and that is a good thing.  The bad thing is that some teens will not be able to own that shiny toy for a few more years, which, while tragic, is not as bad as the killing, so if it comes to pass, that will be a good day for America.

Of course any day now the Supreme Court is likely to throw out all bans on weapons so none of this will matter.


So, in the spirit of kumbaya, let me say this about that.  I remember scoffing at Beagles talking about card carrying reps and dems.  A card, why would there be a card?  Would it get you a discount at the dry cleaners or something?  I have been a pretty partisan democrat for many years and nobody had ever offered to give me no card.

But last night I was talking to a neighbor and somewhere in the conversation she said that she was a card-carrying republican.  Wait, I replied, you are being metaphorical here, you don't mean an actual card, like cardboard, like you would put in your wallet?  But no, she did mean an actual card.  It was issued by the national republican party and I believe she even paid dues.  So Beagles, I am sorry that I scoffed at you.


Well are right then that being even-handed kind of wears a guy out.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment